Explore the virgin virgin trekking routes in the southern Gurung settlement of Nepal above the Mardi Khola (1,980m) overlooking Annapurna IV to the north and Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal to the east. It boasts good mountain views and is unaccustomed for trekkers. It is a spectacular trek travelling through the largest Gurung settlement in Nepal .This area is steeped with history and stories. From honey traders to Gurkha soldier recruits, Tangting and Sikles are worth putting on your next holiday list.
Around Sikles TrekDuration: 9 Days
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Difficulty: Easy
- Style: Camping Trek
- Transportation: Private Vehicle / Aeroplane
- Meals: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
- Accommodation: Camping
- Max Altitude: 3000m
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
You will be picked up by one of our representatives from the Tribhuvan International Airport. He will take you to your hotel in a private bus/van. The rest of the days is free for you to rest. In the evening, you will meet with your guide and end your day with a traditional welcome dinner.
Day 02Guided Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley. Overnight at a Hotel.
We will wake up early in the morning and have our breakfast. After that, we will go on the guided sightseeing tour where we will see the famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites. We will visit the sacred Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Later in the evening, we will prepare for our trek and do the last minute shopping if needed.
Day 03Drive to Pokhara ( 5 hours) or take a flight
After having breakfast, we will drive towards Pokhara. The drive will be going to be long yet scenic. We will see a river, waterfalls, green hills, and small settlements throughout the drive. Upon reaching Pokhara, you will be transfered to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy in the Lakeside, Pokhara
Day 04Drive from Lakeside Pokhara to Bhurjung Khola in a jeep(30 mins drive)
After the Morning Meal we will drive towards bhurjung khola in a private vechile. Our Destination for that Day is Bhurjung Khola (River) which is about 40 mins away from Pokhara city. We will be camping by the side of the river. Dinner will be served with vegetables grown right there next to the camp site. With locally grown delicious food for dinner, We will have a amazing camp site in the river with a great view of fishtail. You will be sleeping in the middle of nature, far away from the city crowd.
Day 05Bhurjung Khola to Tara Hilltop (40 mins Drive + 5 hrs walk)
After breakfast looking at ever beautiful Mt. Fishtail and the scent of local nature, we will be heading towards Ghale Kharke. This is from where we will start our walk. It will take 45 minutes off road drive to reach Ghale Kharke from Bhurjung Khola.
After walking for 4 hours beautiful hike, you will reach the top of Tara Hill. You will be able witness around 7 mountain ranges from Mt. Annapurna South to Mt. Manaslu. Tara hill top is situated at around 3000 meters from the sea level. You will be able to experience why it was called “Tara (Star) hill” first hand today’s night. Camp fire, handpicked food cooked on the camp fire and the company of billions of stars in the milky way galaxy, will give you the perfect company in the night.
Day 06Tara Hilltop to Sikles (5 Hrs walk)
We will have our breakfast and start our journey to Sikles Village. This village is centuries old that fell on the shadow Mount of Annapura II and was occupied by Gurungs. Gurungs (One of the many castes in Nepal) have occupied this land from long time and it is supposed to be second largest Gurung Village in Nepal.
It will take you total of 5 hours walk to reach Sikles village. After taking shower and eating homemade food, you can take the liberty of roaming Skiles, it is very beautiful. Night will be spent with local dance ceremony and bonfire.
Day 07Sikles to Tanting to Pokhara, Lakeside ( 4hrs walk + 90 min Drive)
After eating our breakfast, we will start our journey to another village called Tangting. It is straight across from Sikles. Even though it seems right across, it will take us good 4 hours to get to Tangting. It is a good walk down the jungle path.
After reaching Tangting, we will rest a little bit and roame the Village and headed back to Pokhara. It takes us close to 90 minutes to reach back to Pokhara, lakeside.
Day 08Drive Back to Kathmandu (1,400 m) in a private veichele or take a short flight to kathmandu
We will drive back to Kathmandu. the drive will be for sure scenic. We will see green hills, rivers, and small villages along our way. Upon reaching Kathmandu, we will move to our hotel and rest for the day. In the evening, we will explore the colorful and lively streets of Thamel and end our day with the farewell dinner.
Day 09Transfer to the International Airport for Your Final Departure.
It's time to say goodbye to each other with lots of unforgettable memories. Once we will have our last breakfast, we will check out from the hotel, and head to the airport to take your flight back to your home.
- Airport pickup/drop by a private vehicle
- Standard accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara including breakfast as per itinerary
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek as per teahouse menu
- All ground transportation on a private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits
- An experienced, English-speaking government-licensed guide and assistant guide
- Porter service
- Staff expenses including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag provided by Royal Himalayan Safari Tours (to be returned after trip completion)
- Free trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map to take back with yourself
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Other official expenses
What's not included
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain due to any reason than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal trekking gears
- Personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, hot & cold drinks, phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s), and driver(s)
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in the Price Include part